Power BI loads the report and makes the calculations for it in real time, which is both one of its greatest strengths and weaknesses. By doing so it makes sure the report is based on the most up date data but it also leads to Power BI having to make an extra effort to load the report and therefore increase the time the machine needs to load.
The loading time is affected by
- the speed of your own internet
- the amount of RAM your browser is using (easiest way to reduce is by closing unused tabs)
- the complexity of the model (the P&L and balance sheet pages usually are quite complex and need a bit more time to load)
- the amount of data (can be reduced by aggregating data)
- how many users are currently using BI Book.
You can contact us at email@example.com if the loading time is prohibitively long.